Biweekly report of market trend
May, 2022 (part B)
I. Global Market Size
The overall market size of China's public cloud services (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) reached $15.13 billion in the second half of 2021, with the IaaS market growing by 40.1% year-on-year and the PaaS market growing at 55.7% year-on-year. In terms of the IaaS+PaaS market, growth in the second half of 2021 was 43.0% year-on-year, a decline of almost 6% compared to the growth rate in the first half of 2021 (48.8%). The Chinese public cloud market will continue to grow at a high rate of 30.9% CAGR over the next five years and is expected to reach $105.76 billion by 2026.
Ⅱ. Space-Ground Integrated Network
1. Space X “Starlink” to launch services in the Middle East and Africa next year; Space X announces Internet service for remote schools in the Amazon and rainforest detection services
2. In 2021, the overall output value of China's satellite navigation and location services industry has reached 469 billion yuan, an increase of 16.29% over 2020. At present, the total number of enterprises and institutions in the field of satellite navigation and location services in China remains at around 14,000, with the number of employees exceeding 500,000
Ⅲ. Global Backbone Network
Two national Internet backbone direct connection points in Jinan and Qingdao were completed, and the number of national backbone direct connection points opened in China reached 19
IV. Products & Applications
1. Yiwei Science and Technology Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of China Telecom International Limited, is committed to helping customers in various industries, including government, finance, Internet, manufacturing and retail, accelerate their digital transformation through more than 30 own cloud nodes and over 230 international network nodes; provide customized solutions including global intelligent cloud network services, public cloud MSP ecological service, overseas local hybrid cloud integration services, etc.
2. China Unicom launched 5G VoNR (ultra-high definition audio and video calling) services in 125 cities across the country. By combining 5G with AI and XR technologies, the first eight applications of HD video conferencing, 5G video business card, AI secretary, 5G video customer service, AI voice recognition, remote collaboration, screen sharing and 5G XR calling were launched
3. SpaceX claims to offer Starlink Internet access for RVSs. The services are billed on a monthly basis and are more expensive but may have slower internet speeds than regular services due to the lower priority QOS guarantee policy.